- No point-buy. We’ll be kicking it old-school and rolling for stats and hit points.
- All options from the PHB and the Elemental Evil supplemental are available, as well as the Cleric’s Death domain from the DMG. The only exception is that drow are not allowed.
- The eladrin sub-race from the DMG is also available. If you don’t have the DMG, it’s an elven sub-race with the following traits:
- Ability score increase: +1 Intelligence
- Elf weapon training: Eladrn have proficiency with the longsword, shortsword, shortbow, and longbow.
- Fey Step: All eladrin can cast the Misty Step spell. Usage of this spell is regained after a short rest.
- Two major deities not found in the PHB are Evening Glory and Nalindra; a full list of deities can be found at Deity. If there’s another deity you want to worship, let me know and we can work something out.
A brief history of Syra
Three thousand years ago, the world was embroiled in a conflict between Corellon and Lolth known as the Elf Wars. In the end, Lolth and the drow were sealed away in a prison at the far end of the world. Most of the high and wood elves, whose population had been decimated, withdrew to the island of Lorius and have lived in seclusion ever since. Empires rose and fell over the years, but two recent conflicts are particularly notable.
In the year 2929, a band of adventurers began traveling together. They would eventually become known as the Brightstone Heroes, and during their travels they foiled a plot by Lolth to break the seals on her prison and escape. The events surrounding Lolth’s plot, though, sparked a greater conflict: the Deity War. The death god Nerull sought to slay the other gods and claim their souls, thereby increasing his own power. The conflict raged for five years, and saw the deaths of several gods, but ultimately ended with Nerull’s destruction.
In the year 2959, another band of would-be heroes came together to stop a portal from being opened to the chaotic, nightmarish plane known as the Far Realm. Unfortunately, one of them – a human wizard named Tephra - decided to open the portal herself. Now the herald of the unspeakable horrors within, Tephra used the armies of aberrations now at her command to launch attacks all across Syra, all the while attempting to widen and stabilize the portal to allow the entry of a star spawn known as Allabar. Her former compatriots, calling themselves the Challengers of the Unspeakable, fought back. In the end, Tephra was killed, the portal was closed, and Allabar was bound within the Far Realm, never to escape again.
It is now the year 2964, and the time has come for new heroes to arise. Will you go down in myth and legend as a great savior of Syra? Or will you fall before the might of the PRINCES OF THE APOCALYPSE?
- Esilcar 14 - Drake gathers people to hunt Bastian Thermandar
- Esilcar 15 - Depart up the strait
- Esilcar 19 - Arrive in Yalnos
- Esilcar 22 - Arrive in Red Oak Village
- Esilcar 23 - Arrive at Lance Rock, Waedin dies
- Esilcar 24 - Dispatch the necromancer
- Esilcar 30 - Into the tunnels
- Leroit 1 - Graves
- Leroit 4 - Feathergale Spire
- Leroit 5 - Into the depths
- Leroit 6 - Bran departs
- Leroit 12 - Scarlet Moon Hall, the wicker giant
- Leroit 13 - Scarlet Moon Hall, day two
- Leroit 16 - Back to Red Oak Village
- Leroit 18 - Arrive at Sacred Stone Monastery, kill the priests
- Leroit 19 - Kill the abbess; hell hounds!?
- Leroit 20 - Clear the monastery, collapse the ceiling
- Leroit 22 - Orcs attack!
- Leroit 23 - Arrive in Westford
- Leroit 26 - Arrive in Drakkengarde
- Gedranh 4 - Ru Bae Ya's party
- Gedranh 9 - Capture Rivergarde Keep
- Gedranh 19 - The Nettlebee Ranch
- Gedranh 22 - Attack on Red Oak
- Gedranh 26 - Back to Scarlet Moon Hall
- Adirnaan 1 - Arrive at the Temple of the Eternal Flame, Drake the Wereboar
- Adirnaan 2 - Salamander revolution
- Adirnaan 3 - Bastian's capture
- Adirnaan 16 - Back to Drakkengarde
- Adirnaan 25 - Drake forsakes Bahamut
- Adirnaan 30 - Drake takes up Nalindra and is cured of lycanthrope
- Adinar 4 - Shrine of the Silver Matron
- Adinar 5 - Aerisi Kalinoth falls
- Adinar 6 - Dragon turtle; Westford devastated by a hurricane
- Adinar 7 - "She turned me into a newt!"; waterfall
- Adinar 9 - Death of Gar Shatterkeel
- Adinar 10 - Red Oak Village devastated by an earthquake
- Adinar 12 - Gnarls lost in the Plane of Water
- Adinar 13 - "The storm will strike the ships at sunrise"
- Adinar 17 - The devastation orb auction
- Adinar 18 - Silverstone
- Adinar 23 - Interview with the dragon
- Adinar 25 - Back into Belsimar
- Adinar 26 - Qwynn takes over the air cult (current day)
- Adinar 27 - Death of Vanifer; Qwynn tries to summon the Howling Hatred
- Adinar 28 - Return to Drakkengarde
- Sebina 6 - Escape from the aboleth
- Sebina 7 - The aboleth wins
- Sebina 16 - Qwynn returns to Drakkengarde
- Sebina 18 - Gargosh hires adventurers to find Torvald Flameforge's tomb
- Sebina 26 - Arrive at tomb; disaster strikes!
- Sebina 27 - Northeron
- Sebina 28 - Into the earth cult lair
- Sebina 29 - They're coming out of the walls!
- Sebina 30 - Back to Silverstone (Present day)
- Acteus 8 - Follies and Heroes enter, fight, win!
- Acteus 16 - Myra's funeral